The midterm is arranged as follows:
- The midterm test questions will be released around Oct. 22th 10:00 p.m. and before Otc. 23th 9:00 a.m. on the course website. You should finish it on paper and summit it before the class on Oct. 24th 10:00 a.m. You could discuss with anyone, but should write the solution all by yourselves. You will be evaluated by this summited answer paper.
- In class on Oct. 24th, you are required to do another close-book test on the same set of problems, and will also be evaluated.
- You final score for the midterm test on paper will be the average of these two evaluations.
For expert students who have successfully registerred a
- Each group of expert students should design and sumbit a problem related to their registerred self-study topic for all other
students in midterm exam before deadline Oct. 19th, 23:59.
- If the problem devised are accepted and then presented in the midterm exam, the corrosponding group will get extra points in their own midterm exam.
- The extra points is at least one, and the larger the variance of the points other students shoot on the question, the higher the extra points will be.
- If the group provides a correct answer for the problem they devise, they will get full mark for this problem in the midterm exam. Otherwise, they will be judged as other students in this problem.
- If a group does not submit a problem, each member will get -10 extra points for their midterm exam.
- If the problem is not accepted, each member will get -3 extra points.
For ordinary students who have not successfully registerred a
You shall finish the exam and get your test paper points as midterm points.
Don't worry about the number of problems. You will be allowed to select some of them to solve.